Kidz Decor has an extensive range of designs on our website as well custom designs that we design to order. We have a small range of imported quality wall stickers, or decals, for kids.
Our Kidz Decor range of decals are printed on a vinyl that it is imported from Germany. The vinyl is of the highest quality and we print on white or transparent vinyl depending on the customers’ requirements.
Our imported decals are plastic, self-adhesive, designs that can be stuck on most smooth surface, such as painted walls, cupboards, and even glass. They are completely removable and repositionable.
Our Wall decals can be applied to interior clean, hard, flat, non-porous surface. This includes drywall, glass, mirror, most plastics, and sealed wood. If your wall has any sort of texture, using a tennis ball to rub in the decal to the wall can help press the adhesive side into all the little dips and bumps on the wall. Please note that heavy textured walls will not work with wall decals. If you are not sure, take a picture of the wall and send it to us, and we will let you know if it will work
First and foremost we want our customers to be happy with their purchase. However, we are unable to guarantee that the wall stickers will stick to every surface. There are many factors that could influence the application of the stickers that are out of our control. These include paint type and when it was painted, temperature of the room during application, cleanliness of the surface, type of surface.
We have created a list of optimal conditions for application which we would appreciate you read before application.
Ideal conditions for application
- Best results can be obtained when the room’s air temperature and the surface of the wall range from 18-24 degrees Celsius
- Painted surfaces must have cured for 30 days, and must be painted in acrylic (water-based paint)
- Surfaces must be cleaned with a solution of 2 tbsp. mild dishwashing detergent to 1 litre warm water. Rinse and dry the wall thoroughly
- Applying stickers in direct sunlight or in humid rooms may cause them to lift.
How to apply peel & stick vinyl decals
- Measure your area. Some decals come with many stickers and make up a large picture. Make sure you have enough space for the whole picture.
- If your stickers are large, we suggest cutting them out first before peeling them off the backing
- Peel the stickers from the backing paper gradually, carefully sticking them on your surface. Start at the top and smooth downwards.
- Gently rub with a flat plastic object (credit card, spatula, etc), or your hand, to smooth out any imperfections.
- Try not to touch the adhesive, oils on the skin could compromise the stickiness and may result in peeling
- If you need to remove the sticker, gently lift it up at the edge and slowly peel it off. Or use a hairdryer for stubborn glue.
How to make decals stay on the wall if they start to lift
- Apply either craft glue (i.e. Pritt) or wallpaper paste to the back of the decal where it is peeling.
- Smooth the peeled and glued edges of the decals and press them firmly against the wall. Lightly scrape across the surface of the decal — from the middle to the outside edges — with a plastic scraper, such as a credit card, to remove air bubbles from underneath the edges of the decal.
- Clean off the excess adhesive on the wall that was smoothed out from under the decal. Apply firm, even pressure on the peeled edges of the decal until the adhesive has dried completely.
How to apply vinyl decals with application tape
You will need:
• Tape measure or ruler
• Spirit level
• Pencil & eraser
• Sticky tape
- Remove the vinyl sticker and the application film from the packet and lay them flat. (The application film in some cases may already be applied to the design)
- Lay the vinyl sticker right side up
- Remove the back of the application film little by little and lay the application film on the top of the vinyl sticker
- Smooth down so that all of the vinyl stickers adhere to the application film. You can use your hand or a plastic scraper or card.
- Measure and mark where you want to place the vinyl sticker
- Start to remove the back of the vinyl sticker slowly, ensuring all the stickers are adhering to the application film
- Secure the top corners of the application film in position (you can use some sticky tape to make sure they are firmly in position) and rub the vinyl stickers so that they adhere to the surface.
- It is recommended that you start sticking at the top and smoothing downwards.
- Slowly remove the application film, making sure that the vinyl stickers are now stuck to the surface.
- Keep on smoothing with your hand as you remove the application film.
- Smooth the vinyl stickers on the wall to make sure they are firmly in position.
Sit back and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are your wall decals separate pieces or one large sheet?
Large wall decals will come laid out on one sheet as you see it in the design, but cut around each shape, making each design component its own unit, this allows for easy application.
Tree decals will come on multiple sheets, depending on the size. Smaller decals such as stars and dots come as peel and stick decals.
All our wall decals are made of the same material but the smaller shape decals do not need application film. Each order contains detailed application instructions.
How long will the decals last?
Our self-adhesive vinyl is perfect for a semi-permanent application, which means if you take care of your product, it can last for years! Our vinyl will generally last 3-5 years indoors. Do try to keep your adhesive product away from sunlight and heat sources as this can damage the adhesive and cause your product to peel or cause color discoloration. Our vinyl is not suitable for outdoor use. If you are looking for outdoor options, please email us and will provide you other vinyl options.
There are a few small bumps and bubbles after applying.
Don’t worry right away if you up with some bubbles in your vinyl product. Small bubbles will go away in time (the vinyl breathes, and will flatten out after a few weeks at an appropriate room temperature). If you want to work on the bubbles immediately poke them with a pin, pressing the vinyl down with your thumb immediately afterwards.
How do I remove my wall decal ?
Provided your walls are in good condition prior to application, our vinyl will remove easily without damaging your paintwork. Starting from one corner, slowly and carefully peel the vinyl away from the surface keeping as close to the surface as possible (ie try rolling the decal back onto itself along the wall, not pulling out from the wall). If you are feeling resistance when pulling the vinyl, try applying LOW heat with a hairdryer and then try again. Vinyl will come off easier in the warmer weather.
Can I remove and reuse my decals or removable wallpaper?
Our wall decals are made from very high quality vinyl and they are removable (meaning they can be taken down when you no longer need them without damage to the surface they were applied to) but the vinyl will lose its stickiness, the vinyl is so thin it will stretch when peeled off the wall and not retain the correct shape and will not apply smoothly or hold securely through another installation. Please take your time when applying the decal in the desired location and position